Windows wireless driver for Amilo Li 2727

Laptop Amilo Li 2727It took me some time to figure out how to get the wireless device of my Amilo Li 2727 working with Windows 7. For the ones who stumble across the same problem I have describe how to solve it.

1. Download the Windows XP Drivers For Amilo Li 2727 here (local mirror)
  2. Extract the contents of the compressed file
  3. Open ‘Control Panel’, click on ‘System’ and choose ‘Device Manager’
  4. Open the ‘Action’ menu item and click on ‘Add legacy hardware’
  5. Next -> Next -> Next and pick ‘Network Adapters’
  6. Choose ‘Have disk’ and Navigate into the ’04 WLAN’ directory
  7. Select ‘Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter’
  8. Install the FSC Launchmanager from the ’05 FSC_LaunchManager’ directory by executing the setup.exe
  9. Reboot

Once you have rebooted you should have a working wireless device. To active the wireless device, you need to press the Fn+F1 button combination and choose WLAN. I can confirm this driver works on Windows 7.

Carl confirms this driver also works on Windows 8.

Good luck!

Comments

1. Dan-Nicklas Åsum says

Great thanks. have now almost trhown the laptop out the window of this mess so GREAT work.

2. quahog says

my hero!
    I can,t thank you enough!
    I almost went crazy finding this. It,s a shame that after i have paid a lot of money for my laptop, that came wit no os, i had to spend e lot of time just to make it work.
    Thanks again.

3. robert says

im still having problems i manage to get up to 6. have disk then 04 wlan i cant get anything after that

4. Konitra says

This works perfectly!! Unbelieveable! I installed Windows 7 yesterday and encountered this problem but now I am connected wirelessly thanks to you! Thank you so much :-)

5. shah jahan says

Thanks a lot bro! it worked for me too.. thanks for the precious assistance and technical support even not available at manufacture website where it is mentioned that it is not supported by Window 7 envirnoment.

6. David knights says

Thanks so much man. Had taken me days to achieve absolutely nothing and so well happy problem has been solved. If karma exists then you are going to get lots of good things happen for this!! Thanks

7. says

Just followed this to help my sister’s friend. You’ve just made a teenagers day my friend! He was in ruins after finding out he could’nt get any internet access. He is in total love of you right now!

8. says

Nice Work but unfortunately it did not work for me.

I downloaded from this link:

Well thank you for a great work and effort it taken my three days to reach you and try your solution but somehow my previous athr.sys was corrupted may be or i played alot with it :)

But from this link i downloaded the actual driver but Your site and work is appreciated and will helpful for others

9. Jonuz SERBIA says

MAN, REALLY THANK YOU. SPENT 2 DAYS FINDING WLAN FOR WIN7 AND FINALLY THIS !!!
    thankS thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

10. cam says

i need this driver too im gutted this link not working after seeing how happy the previous peeps r with it :(

11. Predrag RS says

Thank you very much!
    So many proposed solutions on the Internet, but this is the only one that woked for me. Basicly, the Launcher Manager was the problem. I losted it after I formated the hard drive.

Greeteengs from Republic of Srpska… :)

12. Adam says

I tried to do this but got stuck here “and Navigate into the ’04 WLAN’ directory” – I can’t find the directory – can you please advise on the navigation path?

Thanks so much.

13. Robert says

Is it normal that AVG has detected the HotKeyApp.exe as infected? I have installed the Launch Manager from here and Fujitsu, but both were said to be infected. Should I make an exception for this program?

• Dirk-Jan says

Hi Robert, I don’t have the Amilo laptop anymore, so I cannot confirm this. Perhaps someone else could check this.

14. Mohamed says